Monday, September 29, 2008

Barney and Friend




We have several neighbor cats who tend to be at our house on occasion. I'm thinking it's cause I'll feed any cat.

This cat comes around every night. If I'm in the family room, he comes to the basement window to get my attention. It used to drive our cats nuts, but they are getting more used to it. They jump up into the window, but they don't try to attack through the glass anymore.

Of course, when he'd show up, I'd race out to the porch to give him some food. He was very shy and would eat only when I'd come back in the house. I am pleased to say that I have been able to pet him recently. I can even pet him while he's eating. And three nights ago he left me check out the tag on his collar. His name is Barney, and belongs at the farm house across the street. Barney is a ferocious eater. He eats the food like he hasn't eaten since the last time I fed him. I'm not sure how much the owners feed him. I'm thinking they might have him as a mouser. I wonder what my feeding him does to that. He likes cat food, that's for sure.

Anyway, Barney's becoming pretty friendly with me now. I took this picture last night. I went out later to see him, and there was an orange cat there with him! First time I saw him. He stayed at a safe distance. Snapped this pic to prove it. Let's see how long till he's my friend.

1 comment:

Joy said...

You are THE neighborhood cat lady!!! :-)