Monday, June 25, 2012

Pearl's Surgery 6-9-12

We got brave and operated on Pearl's foot. I wrapped her in a towel and laid her on her side, talking quietly to her while Parke used an exacto knife to cut out the scab and squeeze the infection out. Pearl did great.  Parke did great. I was a little queezy.  This pic is after surgery.  I'm soaking Pearl's foot in the the koi fish solution. 

Pearl was so good thru all this.  She really trusts us. She left me hold her during surgery and now soaking her foot.

Packed it with neosporin and wrapped it up. (BTW, I did not wet my pants. The cats were curious as she was soaking her foot and she jumped out of the water, spilling it on my shorts.)  Pearl is a leghorn. If you get white eggs at the grocery store, this is the breed they come from.

No comments: